[SR-Users] Return codes within a route

Jeff Bilyk jbilyk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 22:46:52 CET 2018

Hello,

Running into odd behaviour in Kamailio 5.0.2 and I'm hoping to clarify.  I
have a simple route that uses the textops functions subst and remove_hf.
Other than that, there is nothing else done within the route.  In some
cases, the remove_hf function returns false as there are no matching
headers.

Documentation in https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.0.x/core#return
seems to show that if there are no explicit return statements, the route
should return 1.  However, this route appears to be returning -1.

My question is: if a function within a route returns a negative value, and
there are no explicit return statements, will the entire route return -1
(as it appears is happening), or should the route return 1 as the core
cookbook indicates?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff