[SR-Users] RTPengine - Transcoding example available?

Denys Pozniak denys.pozniak at crazycall.com
Tue Feb 20 11:46:31 CET 2018

Hello!

Please explain how to achive next:

Side A supports:
OPUS
PCMA

Side B supports:
OPUS
PCMA
PCMU

I need to transcode in direction A->B from PCMA to OPUS?
So should be like this:
A(PCMA) -> (PCMA)Rtpengine(OPUS)->B(OPUS)

I configured like this:
rtpengine_offer("codec-mask-PCMA codec-transcode-opus");
rtpengine_answer("codec-mask-opus codec-transcode-PCMA");

But leg from Rtpengine to A has wrong codec (OPUS):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GAIt8lL7Igj9S95b_RS6CXtmGVhjLa1/view

On 19 February 2018 at 13:56, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:

> On 2018-02-19 05:48 AM, Denys Pozniak wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Small note.
>> In case of opus use: codec-transcode-opus (opus is lowercase).
>>

> As explained in the readme, the format generally follows the SDP format,
> including specifying sample rate and number of channels. As an additional
> parameter, the bitrate can be specified for codecs that support it.
>
> Examples:
>
> transcode-speex/32000
>
> transcode-opus/48000/2/64000
>

> Cheers