[SR-Users] IMS: maybe a bug in S-CSCF: should we create an issue?

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Feb 20 07:26:39 CET 2018

Hi Christoph,

We are currently using a combination of the following mechanisms to
provide HA (and these have been accepted by several carriers):

1) We do DNS based failover between locations according to RFC3263
(Locating SIP-Servers). E.g. if a server or datacenter goes down, the
I-CSCF would re-route the traffic to the other server or datacenter
2) We run the S-CSCF as Active/Passive Node, where we restart Kamailio
on the Passive node in case of single-node failure.

Nothing spectacular I guess, but it works for us.

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hi Carsten,

> Just being curious:
> If high availability is not supported this way by the S-CSCF-Usrloc, then what is your plan how to support high availability?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Christoph
>

> The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and confidential and is for the exclusive use of the addressee. The person who receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents thereof, and is kindly asked to notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately.

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

Meet us at MWC 2018 in Barcelona and see IMS and VoLTE in action!
(February 26th - March 1st, Hall 7 - Booth 7L80)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/