[SR-Users] Raspberry Pi deb packages -> built

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:07:53 CET 2018

Hello,

I haven't played with kamailio on raspberry pi 3, I did it with an older
release of pi, however I haven't stress test it.

But I did install Kamailio on Ubuntu Phone and then used sipp to
generate some traffic (not preparing for production, but for a dangerous
demo). What I noticed that as soon as kamailio started to use too much
cpu for long time, it was killed. I didn't invest much time to dig in,
but my guess was that there was some energy protection system that reacted.

I thought it's an interesting aspect that should be considered when
running on systems relying on batteries (e.g., for IoT).

On 06.02.18 23:40, Mititelu Stefan wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> After a bit of research and lib installations, I've managed to build
> the full kamailio deb packages for a raspberry pi 3 (version B)
> running raspbian stretch (lite) that can be found at [1] (with a
> really few module exceptions that might be used in really specific
> scenarios -> I think)
>
> Just for fun, I'm planning to do some CPS stats tomorrow (if I got the
> time), with a basic config and also share here, but, if someone else
> tried it before and is able to share some stats/benchmarks, would be
> greatly appreciated (and interesting to compare, given my "decent" rpi
> overclock), because I'm also curious about VoIP stuff on raspberry pi! :D
>
> [1] https://github.com/smititelu/rpi/tree/master/kamailio/5.1.1
>
> Thank you,
> Stefan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla