[SR-Users] Struggling with RTPProxy and RTPEngine

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Aug 23 14:08:43 CEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 11:39:32AM +0000, Wilkins, Steve wrote:
> If RTPEngine is on the same server as Kamailio (Asterisk being on
> another server), and RTP traffic is sent to and from RTPEngine, then
> the provider only needs to whitelist one IP-Address.  I thought with
> RTPEngine that all RTP traffic would go through it and then it would
> pass it on to the correct destination.  Is this correct?

Yes it is, if you tell kamailio to rewrite SDP by calling rtpengine
functions.

During your previous messages I never got the idea you were talking
about an uplink/provider interconnect (might be me just skimming your
mails). But without a config (of kamailio and rtpengine and a clear
network topology) it is not possible to tell what the problem is.

The standard config in the kamailio repo does NAT checks before calling
rtpengine, if you scrap those conditions it will trigger rtpengine on
all calls.