[SR-Users] rtpproxy or rtpengine with Kamailio and Asterisk

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Tue Aug 14 12:36:21 CEST 2018

On Tuesday 14 August 2018 at 12:30:12, Wilkins, Steve wrote:

> Good Morning everyone,
>
> Has anyone ever gotten rtpproxy/rtpengine to work with Kamailio and
> Asterisk?
>
> I have tried both, and even though I see no errors with either, and when I
> make calls I see rtpproxy/rtpengine traffic, I am still seeing media
> traffic go directly to and from Asterisk.  I just can't get the media
> packets to not go directly from Asterisk to the Callee and visa-versa.
>
> Any ideas on where I am messing up in my kamalio.cfg file?

Maybe give a bit more information about your networking setup, especially in
terms of which devices have private addresses, where any NAT is being
performed, which devices have directly-routed public addresses, etc?

How are Asterisk and Kamailio linked, and where are the SIP clients
registering to?

Are you using upstream trunk providers, or are we just talking about SIP-
device-to-SIP-device calls?

Antony.

--
There are 10 types of people in the world:
those who understand binary notation,

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.