[SR-Users] UDP workers block when one or more rtpengine instances go offline

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Wed Aug 8 13:38:10 CEST 2018

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 3:04 PM Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:
> On 2018-08-06 06:58, Sebastian Damm wrote:
> When you query the running config via kamcmd for the value of
> rtpengine_tout_ms, what does it say? (Wondering if the default value of
> 1000 properly gets established or if some other value is in effect - it
> shouldn't block longer than this value)

kamcmd> cfg.get rtpengine rtpengine_tout_ms
1000

I actually don't know how long it blocks for one request. But I know
that whenever one RTPengine is gone, we get "SIP offline"
notifications from our monitoring system (sending SIP OPTIONS) within
minutes. I think, waiting for an RTPengine answer for a second is okay
if it happens once every 120 seconds, but it's not okay if it happens
every time.

Sebastian