[SR-Users] kamcmd htable.reload propertiesHash problem

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Sat Aug 4 10:59:46 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 3. August 2018, 09:29:40 CEST schrieb Ginhoux, Patrick:
> Unfortunately, I use the perl module in my kamailio.cfg.
>
> So you're correct, I could install the mod_perl from the EPEL project. This
> is possible on my test server in my lab.
> At the moment, I had collected manually all rpm packages required for 5.0.1
> (like Perl or snmp packages), that' was already a huge work.
>
> Now if at each stream there is new dependencies, I would have to solve the
> dependencies for other repo like with the EPEL repo.
>
> But in a next step, I have to do the same installation on a customer site on
> preimaged server with the following restrictions :
> - from this site, I have no access to the internet (That's why, up to new, I
> only download the packages I need)
> - the preimaged server are RHEL 7.4 server without no required package
> removed.
>
> As said, I configured the EPEL repo on my test server and then try to
> installed to mod_perl module. I starts ok but fails for other dependencies
> (see attached).
>
> So upgrading from Kamailio 5.0.1 to 5.0.7 is not as simple as I expected.
>
> I hope I'm clear in my explanation.

Hello Patrick,

I understand. Unfortunately I have no Red Hat 7 system available at the moment
that I could test locally.

I see that its no easy for you to update. But in my opinion you really should
considering an update, especially as there are many bugs fixed in 5.0.7 (also
some security related).

If you can't install from an repository, you can always build from the 5.0
stable branch source. There is documentation in our wiki on the process. This
is something a lot of our users do. Or you can build an own (local) RPM packet
and install this.

Maybe somebody else with more insight into the latest htable fixes can point
to a recent fix - but even this needs to be installed somehow on your side.

Best regards,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt