[SR-Users] DMQ and/or Database for dialogs, registrations, etc..

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Apr 30 18:06:52 CEST 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:13:13AM +0200, Aleksandar Sosic wrote:

> We have a scalable dockerized environment and it's difficult to
> configure DMQ having dynamic IPs, instances booting up and scaling
> down on demand.

A DNS alias that resolves to multiple entries is a great way to do that:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.p.notification_address
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.p.multi_notify

although it'd be great if DMQ could exclude the local host from those
notification peers automatically, so that one didn't have to set up
multiple, exclusionary DNS entries for specific instances. Who knows,
maybe it can.

But in principle, such DNS records can be tied to the internal DNS
resolution of a container discovery mechanism, be it Docker's internal
mechanism or something more like Consul.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)