[SR-Users] Failure Route Issue

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 17 20:26:45 CEST 2018

Hi,

ACKs in response to negative replies are what are called hop-by-hop
ACKs, and should be addressed to the next hop.

Also, it is not necessary to explicitly do an append_branch() in
failure_route nowadays if manipulating the RURI. It'll be done for you.

-- Alex

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:22:39PM -0400, mack at dopensource.com wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I have a weird issue.  I’m sending a SIP INVITE to a SIP Service that send’s me back a 433, which let’s me know that the number is invalid.  I then send an INVITE to a media server (FreeSwitch) to play a message that the number can’t be called, which looks to be working.  But, the final ACK from the SIP client is sent back to the SIP Service versus the media server.  The following diagram below depicts this: https://snag.gy/qMWfvk.jpg.  The code snippet in the failure_route for the the SIP Service has this:
>
>  if (t_check_status("403|433")) {
>                 if ($avp(s:teleblock_media_enabled) == "1") {
>                         # make sure media server can route back to kamailio
>                         record_route();
>                         revert_uri();
>                         $ru = "sip:" + $T_reply_code + $rU + "@" + $sel(cfg_get.teleblock.media_ip) + ":" + $sel(cfg_get.teleblock.media_port);
>                         append_branch();
>                         t_relay();
>                         exit;
>
>                 }

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)