[SR-Users] Is 't_newtran()' needed when using reliable TCP/TLS transport?

Cody Herzog CHerzog at IntouchHealth.com
Wed Apr 11 18:38:19 CEST 2018

Hello.

I have read that the primary use of 't_newtran()' is to handle SIP retransmissions.

Given that, is there any reason to use it when operating over TCP/TLS?

I recently changed a route to operate asynchronously through 'async_task_route()'. When I did, calls to 't_newtran()' started failing.

I'm hoping that I can safely remove all the calls to 't_newtran()' and the matching calls to 't_release()' on this async route, because I am using TLS as the transport.

Does that sound correct?

Thanks.