[SR-Users] Question about Kamailio Performance

Dmitri Savolainen savolainen at erinaco.ru
Thu Sep 28 11:18:15 CEST 2017

Hi.
In my tests the best perfomance was achieved with combination of mysql and
htable  as mysql cache (
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/htable.html).
With SIPP testing it is important to switch off kamailio  logging (set
critical level for example) and check network perfomance (sipp and kamailio
should be within LAN)

> *My goal:*
>
> make sure when using kamailio as engine I can achieve:
>
>    - on systems with 4GB memory, Kamailio can serve a population over 300
>    000 online subscribers
>    - <from: https://www.kamailio.org/w/features/ >
>

> *Test bed:*
> CPU: 4 cores , 4G RAM
>
> Kamailio 5 with Mysql.
>
> Test sourceļ¼šanother server running SIPp
>
> 10k subscriber in Mysql .  6000 Register Per Second ,  reuse 10k user to
> register , it works fine.  If register 50 every second for per user it seem
> 300 k subscribers should work.
> (about 300% cpu used of totally 400% cpu. All requests finished without
> retransmit and fail. )
>
> add 90k subscriber into Mysql .
> 100k subscirbers in Mysql . 1000 Register Per Second , a lot of failure
> and can not work .
>
> (cpu are not used much at that time. IO is not high.)
>
> *My question : *
> What is the root cause of bad performance when there is 100k subscribers'
> data in the Mysql database.
>
> How can I deploy a kamailio with 300k  subscriber in database, and support
> 6000 register per second at the same time ?
> Maybe use ram database instead of Mysql?
>
> Thanks with regards,
> David

Savolainen Dmitri