[SR-Users] Homer confusion ....

Mark Boyce mark at darkorigins.com
Fri Sep 1 13:50:50 CEST 2017

Hi All

Trying to get a basic version of homer working on Kamailio V5. So far I have sipcapture throwing everything in to a single mysql table.

So first question;  Should I be using sipcapture or siptrace?  I’m not sure I can see the difference.

Second question;  On what I have working so far using sipcapture, I’m seeing the invites, subscribes, cancels, act’s all end up in the database.  What I’m missing is any responses from Kamailio back to the handset (AUTh Challenges etc)

modparam("sipcapture", "db_url", "mysql://sipcapture:secretpassword@localhost/homer_data")
modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 1)
modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retries", 5)
modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retry_timeout", 10)

plus a sprinkling of  "sip_capture(); “ in the “xxx_route {“ blocks

What am I missing?

Mark