[SR-Users] Testing for user=phone with siputils uri_param() doesn't work

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:22:53 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 13.10.17 17:25, George Diamantopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my script I've had to test for the user=phone parameter in URIs. I
> thought uri_param() from siputils would be handy for this operation on
> the RURI, so I did:
>
>     if ( !uri_param("user","phone") ) {
>         add_uri_param("user=phone");
>     }
>
> Unfortunately this wouldn't work (uri_param returns -1), and I end up
> with double user=phone params in the RURI.
>
> I was able to work around this by changing the test to:
>
>     if ( !($(ru{uri.uparam}) == "phone") ) {
>         add_uri_param("user=phone");
>     }
>
> But I wanted to ask if this is intentional or if I should file a bug
> or something. Thanks.

according to the docs, uri_param() should work for this case. Can you
paste the first line of the request that fails with uri_param() function
so I can look at the code and see if there is any issue there?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com