[SR-Users] port forwarding

Vladyslav Zakhozhai v.zakhozhai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:54:12 CEST 2017

Hi Anrzej,

Right question is 50% of solution. Unfortunately the question is wrong.
Almost nothing is clear.

You can register your phones (clients) and you even can start or receive
calls but there is an issue with audio/video? Is it correct?

In this case this problem is not related to kamailio. It is related to
pbx/media server that is possibly behind kamailio. But maybe there is no
any pbx behind?

Without additional configuration audio/video traffic will go end-to-end
which is a problem with external clients with no public IP.

And yes, you are right about 5060/udp. But everything depends on your
configuration which is not clear. Maybe you need additionaly 5060/tcp,
5061/tcp (TLS).

But ports range for media traffic depends on media server/pbx/rtp proxy
configuration and nobody can answer this question but you.

I hope this tips will help you a little bit.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 1:40 AM, Andrzej Kaczmarczyk <andrkac at gazeta.pl>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is probably trivial, but I'm quite new in kamailio and trying to
> handle it for my personal purposes (so - no trainings, no support etc :) )
> - for few (up to 20) users and rare connections, more to learn something
> than to have production system. No plans to go outside my own server.
>
> I have LAN. One of machines in this LAN is server with kamailio onboard.
> It works, but only with local hostname (user at hostname).
> Now I want to go outside (with clients).
>
> As temporarty solution I have only dynamic DNS (no-ip.org) and I didn't
> expect it working. But tried with IP adress (user at WAN.IP.ADD.RESS).
>
> And... I don't know which ports to redirect on router.
> Now there are redirected 5060 and 10000-30000 (maybe it is not necessary
> but first I want it working) - taken from some on-line info.
>
> I can:
> - log in to all my accounts,
>
> - depends on client - call to another user and in some cases I can receive
> the call (so it is probably issue on my clients, because it is possible to
> make a call at all).
>
> But I cannot transmit any data: connections are completely silent in any
> case and I cannot start video - although cameras are findable.
>

> Which ports in fact are necessary?
>
> I want audio and video communication, presence info and probably nothing
> more. Which ports should I redirect?
>
> --
> Pozdrawiam
> Andrzej Kaczmarczyk