[SR-Users] Issue dumping an huge htable through xmlrpc

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 15:43:01 CET 2017

Hello,

On 24.11.17 15:26, Marco Capetta wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> On Kamailio version 4.4.6 I have an issue dumping an huge htable
> through xmlrpc.
>
> We are using htables to store the subscriber registration attempts to
> prevent bruteforcing password attacks.
> Usually there aren't any issues to dump information using xmlrpc.
> On the contrary, if the number of records in the htable become huge
> (in the order of 10.000), xmlrpc output is truncated, therefore it is
> not possible to parse it.
>
> I have the same results either using a Perl library or the
> "xmlrpc_test.py" script included in package.
> I tried to increase the module parameters "binrpc_max_body_size" and
> "binrpc_struct_max_body_size" without success.
>

> Do you have any other suggestion?
parameters for ctl module matter only when you use kamcmd.

In your case, check to see if xmlrpc module has any related parameter,
if not, then it uses the tcp write buffer from core, so you have to
adjust them.

> Thank you
> Regards
> Marco
>

> --
> *Marco Capetta *
> Operations Engineer
>
> Sipwise GmbH <http://www.sipwise.com> , Campus 21/Europaring F15
> AT-2345 Brunn am Gebirge
>
> Phone:  +43(0)1 301 2044 <tel:+4313012044>
> Email:  mcapetta at sipwise.com <mailto:mcapetta at sipwise.com>
> Website:  www.sipwise.com <http://www.sipwise.com>
>
> Particulars according Austrian Companies Code paragraph 14
> "Sipwise GmbH" - Europaring F15 - 2345 Brunn am Gebirge
> FN:305595f, Commercial Court Vienna, ATU64002206

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com