[SR-Users] Issue dumping an huge htable through xmlrpc

Marco Capetta mcapetta at sipwise.com
Fri Nov 24 15:26:32 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

On Kamailio version 4.4.6 I have an issue dumping an huge htable through
xmlrpc.

We are using htables to store the subscriber registration attempts to
prevent bruteforcing password attacks.
Usually there aren't any issues to dump information using xmlrpc.
On the contrary, if the number of records in the htable become huge (in
the order of 10.000), xmlrpc output is truncated, therefore it is not
possible to parse it.

I have the same results either using a Perl library or the
"xmlrpc_test.py" script included in package.
I tried to increase the module parameters "binrpc_max_body_size" and
"binrpc_struct_max_body_size" without success.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you
Regards
Marco

--
*Marco Capetta *
Operations Engineer

Sipwise GmbH <http://www.sipwise.com> , Campus 21/Europaring F15
AT-2345 Brunn am Gebirge

Phone: +43(0)1 301 2044 <tel:+4313012044>
Email: mcapetta at sipwise.com <mailto:mcapetta at sipwise.com>
Website: www.sipwise.com <http://www.sipwise.com>

Particulars according Austrian Companies Code paragraph 14
"Sipwise GmbH" - Europaring F15 - 2345 Brunn am Gebirge
FN:305595f, Commercial Court Vienna, ATU64002206