[SR-Users] dr_load_routing_info(): failed to add rule id 4 -> skipping

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:57:47 CET 2017

Hello,

On 16.11.17 10:40, Karsten Horsmann wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> i answer myself if someone search for the same problem and ends with
> no solution.
> Short answer to "drouting" based on "alphanumeric" prefix question is
> - NO.
> Only numbers are allowed, maybe a + sign, i dont check that.
answered by Dmitri in another response, the chars allowed in prefix are
the digits, +, * and #.

Anyhow, even making it configurable, if you want to allow all the
alphanumeric chars in the prefix, the indexing of the prefixes becomes
inefficient, at least from memory point of view. The module uses tree
indexing for prefixes and each node is composed by so many items as
possible chars in the prefix, so the node size is going to be big if you
have lot of possible chars in it.

The usual solution in this case is to have two layers of indexing. Use
htable or dialplan modules to map between an alphanumeric value to a
numerical id and then use that id for matching in drouting (or other
tree indexing modules such as mtree).

> <mailto:khorsmann at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hello List,
>
>     i use kamailio-5.0.4 and i experiment with the drouting module
>     with mysql-db.
>
>     I try to route with "alphanumeric" stuff - like 'tetris' in
>     sip://tetris@mytest.example
>
>     https://www.kamailio.org/docs/db-tables/kamailio-db-devel.html#idp31352844
>     <https://www.kamailio.org/docs/db-tables/kamailio-db-devel.html#idp31352844>
>     The DB-Field is an 64 string like route-id. In dr_rules.route-id i
>     can use "named-routes"
>     if i leave the prefix empty or i fill in only numbers.
>
>     With strings i got this error:
>
>     ERROR: drouting [dr_load.c:555]: dr_load_routing_info(): failed to
>     add rule id 4 -> skipping
>
>     SQL Result for rule-id 4:
>     # dr_rules
>     # ruleid, groupid, prefix, timerec, priority, routeid, gwlist,
>     description
>     '4', '9000', 'tetris', '', '0', 'tetris', '4', 'testroute'
>
>     Is drouting only for "number-routing"?
>
>     --
>     Kind Regards
>     *Karsten Horsmann*