[SR-Users] evapi_async_relay() failed

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:06:54 CET 2017

Hello,

On 07.11.17 15:51, Abdul Basit wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am configuring CGRateS with kamailio 4.4 using deb packages on debian 8.
>
> I am facing a issue while processing event_route[dialog:start] for
> answering call INVITE at
> evapi_async_relay("{\"event\":\"CGR_CALL_START\",
>
> with following error
>
> /usr/sbin/kamailio[13887]: ERROR: evapi [evapi_mod.c:288]:
> w_evapi_async_relay(): failed to suspend request processing
>
> However, after discussion with Dan on IRC i replaced function
> evapi_async_relay() with evapi_relay() resolved the issue.
>
> Whats causing this error?
> Can anyone suggest some way out for keep using evapi_async_relay?
event_route[dialog:start] is executed when 200ok response for INVITE is
received, so there is no SIP request to suspend at that time. Using
evapi_relay() should be fine in my opinion here.

There is support to suspend routing of sip responses as well, but not
sure if it is really useful in this case, you just need to notify
cgrates that the call has started, no reason to wait for a reply from
cgrates before forwarding the sip response.

Note that evapi_relay() is not blocking the sip routing, so it terms of
performances is in pair with async option.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com