[SR-Users] tsilo module enhancement

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:33:28 CEST 2017

Hi,
as you noticed, currently the TSILO modulo relies on location table to
append new branches. While the improvement you propose could be done and
may be useful in some cases (when you want to add another branch not tight
to the AoR), take in count that simply adding a branch using the contact
header may not cover all you scenarios. For example nat-ed clients, clients
registering through a proxy adding the Path header to the REGISTER or
clients registering using sip.instance contact param.  You might have to
take in count all of this manually in the script, while using
registrar/usrloc all of this would be handled automatically. May I ask you
the reason why you don't want to use location table? If the problem is the
retention in the location table you could make your client send Expire=1 so
that the contact is kept in memory really the time needed to append the new
branch.

Best regards,

Federico Cabiddu