[SR-Users] SIP over WebSockets

M. Salman msalman212 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:00:51 CEST 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Looking at your logs and script lines, it seems you do not have websocket
module installed.

First check your module directory, based on script you are using:
https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws/blob/master/modules.cfg#L42 that
you have websocket module in it or not, if not install it.

You can check you config by issuing command - kamailio -c to validate if
the script file is alright or not.

Regards,
Salman

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Nicolas Pace <nico at libre.ws> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As I shared with you before, We are working on a mobile app to connect the
> Community Cellular Networks (that uses 2G Cellular Networks) with the rest
> of the world via SIP, and we are considering using Kamailio for this.
> We choosed to build a Progresive Web App (PWA) through WebSockets to
> reduce the friction involved in using a new tool.
>
> My question is, is there a reference config to use a web client through
> WebSockets?
> I don't have a clue on how to get from the stock config:
> https://gist.github.com/nicopace/9d44bf813fe309df69ff4cd0affe83
> 24#file-_etc_kamailio_kamailio-conf
> to a fully functional WebSocket-enabled config.
> I've already read the WebSocket module documentation, but it is hard to
> understand as it assumes you already know how Kamailio works... too many
> moving parts :(
>
> I tried with https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws but it is giving
> me some errors:
>
> May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: : <core> [cfg.y:3432]:
> yyerror_at(): parse error in config file /etc/kamailio/modules.cfg, line
> 48, column 12-25: failed to load module
> May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: ERROR: <core> [cfg.y:3295]:
> yyparse(): cfg. parser: failed to find command ws_handle_handshake (params
> 0)
> May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: : <core> [cfg.y:3435]:
> yyerror_at(): parse error in config file /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line
> 143, column 41: unknown command, missing loadmodule?
>
> Which relates with:
> https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws/blob/master/modules.cfg#L48
> and
> https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws/blob/master/kamailio-ws.cfg#L143
>
> What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a PWA that sends SIMPLE messages
> and CALLS to and from SIP Users (the 2G users are behind a FreeSwitch, so
> it could be done).
>
> Just to give you some context, we will also add Push Notifications as
> 'ringing' or 'meesage recieved' alert, and that would be all (we also don't
> know how to do it).
>
> Well... hope to hear from you guys!
>
> Thanks!

Regards