[SR-Users] SIP over WebSockets

Nicolas Pace nico at libre.ws
Tue May 2 18:43:41 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

As I shared with you before, We are working on a mobile app to connect
the Community Cellular Networks (that uses 2G Cellular Networks) with
the rest of the world via SIP, and we are considering using Kamailio
for this.
We choosed to build a Progresive Web App (PWA) through WebSockets to
reduce the friction involved in using a new tool.

My question is, is there a reference config to use a web client through
WebSockets?
I don't have a clue on how to get from the stock config:
https://gist.github.com/nicopace/9d44bf813fe309df69ff4cd0affe8324#file-
_etc_kamailio_kamailio-conf
to a fully functional WebSocket-enabled config.
I've already read the WebSocket module documentation, but it is hard to
understand as it assumes you already know how Kamailio works... too
many moving parts :(

I tried with https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws but it is giving
me some errors:

May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: : <core> [cfg.y:3432]:
yyerror_at(): parse error in config file /etc/kamailio/modules.cfg,
line 48, column 12-25: failed to load module
May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: ERROR: <core> [cfg.y:3295]:
yyparse(): cfg. parser: failed to find command ws_handle_handshake
(params 0)
May 02 13:37:13 ubuntu kamailio[2329]: : <core> [cfg.y:3435]:
yyerror_at(): parse error in config file /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg,
line 143, column 41: unknown command, missing loadmodule?

Which relates with:
https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws/blob/master/modules.cfg#L48
and
https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws/blob/master/kamailio-ws.cfg#L
143

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a PWA that sends SIMPLE
messages and CALLS to and from SIP Users (the 2G users are behind a
FreeSwitch, so it could be done).

Just to give you some context, we will also add Push Notifications as
'ringing' or 'meesage recieved' alert, and that would be all (we also
don't know how to do it).

Well... hope to hear from you guys!

Thanks!