[SR-Users] new keepalive module ?

Guillaume Bour ml+kamailio-users at bour.cc
Mon Mar 13 22:45:06 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you answer

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:35:17PM +0100, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On 07/03/2017 21:22, Guillaume Bour wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to implement destinations keepalive in drouting module (as it is done in dispatcher).
> > But instead of duplicating what's implemented in dispatcher, I think it would be more clever to create a new module
> > dedicated to pinging destinations, and to plug drouting, dispatcher and other modules to this new one
> >
> > What's you opinion about that ?
> >
> could be an interesting module, not able to say at this moment if I
> would plug it into dispatcher, as I cannot assert the impact, but at
> least for adding to drouting or other modules which don't have this
> feature, should worth the try.
>
> How do you plan to have the relation between the modules? Each of them
> will have a copy of the addresses, or the addresses of the destinations
> will be in. a single module, and the other will refer to them via some
> unique id? Will drouting just build the list of destination based on
> priority, then check with the new module to see which are active and
> remove the inactive ones?

My idea is to expose a set of API functions, allowing other modules
to register/unregister addresses to monitor.
So yes, destinations adresses would be duplicated in keepalive module memory.
Then keepalive module would notify the "source" module when destination
status change (available -> unavailable, and vice-versa)

> Again, when I would see some sort of prototype/initial version, probably
> I can comment more. The questions above just pop up in my mind, but
> probably you can just go ahead to write some code as you consider, then
> we can start a discussion from there and see what can be improved/better
> integrated with existing modules.

I have started working on a POC.
It is available at https://github.com/gbour/kamailio/tree/module-keepalive