[SR-Users] Question regarding calling a shell script from kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jun 29 08:09:03 CEST 2017

You can do this using the functions in the exec module:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/exec.html

However, this solution is naive and performs poorly given Kamailio's concurrency model.

Sometimes, calling external scripts is unavoidable. But you mention a curl call. Perhaps you should explore the asynchronous HTTP client module instead, as it would allow you to do the same thing from within Kamailio route script directly, but without an unwieldy Rube Goldberg machine. :-)

 https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/http_async_client.html

-- Alex