[SR-Users] two way routing

Jean CĂ©rien cerien.jean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:21:13 CEST 2017

Hello

I am looking at the following configuration:

1/ voip providers, with different external sip servers, will send calls to
kamailio, that will dispatch them to asterisk servers, with load balancing
& failover. The IP of the asterisk servers are known and fixed.

2/ the asterisk servers will also place calls, going through kamailio, that
will dispatch them to the voip provider sip servers, based on R-URI /
Prefix.

I've achieved #1 with dispatcher module, I've seen carrierroute module that
can achieve #2, but I dont really grasp how to put the two together.

I have the feeling that #1 can also be done with carrierroute, and that I
only need to check if the 'from' domain is one my asterisk, and chose a
different routing table, but I dont see how to do that

is that a valid approch ? where should I look to do that ?

thanks

J.