[SR-Users] openrcs

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:58:05 CEST 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 09.06.17 07:18, Thufir Hawat wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>> On 08.06.17 10:26, Thufir Hawat wrote:
..
>> Each SIP account needs its own port number?  Starting at 5060 and
>> going up.  Why does kamailio listen on 5062?  This means that the
>> *outbound* settings need to specify 5062, but inbound might be most
>> anything?
> No, it is no need for own port for each sip account. Kamailio on
> openrcs.com listens on 5062 as well as on the default 5060. The reason
> for 5062 is that some corporate/isp companies block port 5060, or there
> are some broken SIP ALGs on home routers mangling traffic for port 5060,
> messing it.
>
> So you can use default port 5060.
>
> What operating system are you using for Jitsi? Can you sniff network
> traffic on port 5060? If you are on linux, try:
>
> ngrep -d any -qt -W byline port 5060
>
> On windows you can use wireshark.
>
> The output from the sniffer is good to see what happens on the network.
>
> Also, be aware that openrcs.com has a different password for SIP account
> than the one used for web interface. You have to go to the SIP account
> page and see/generate it there.

perfect.  Please check this reasoning:  *because* anveo works fine from an
IP phone *therefore* the SIP ALG on my home router isn't mangling traffic
on 5060.  (Anveo uses SIP.)

Yes, I saw that openrcs has commendable security on the password.  I'll
take a look with ngrep from Ubuntu.

thanks,

Thufir