[SR-Users] openrcs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:37:10 CEST 2017

On 09.06.17 07:18, Thufir Hawat wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> On 08.06.17 10:26, Thufir Hawat wrote:
> ..
>> It should work by setting domain or proxy to openrcs.com. I used Jitsi
>> over the time and all was fine. Maybe your ISP is blocking SIP/VoIP. Try
>> with transport TLS (port 5061). For UDP, in addition to default SIP port
>> 5060, Kamailio is listening on 5062.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>> thanks,
> ..
>
> ok, good to know that openrcs works with Jitsi, as hoped and
> expected.  I don't think that the ISP is blocking SIP because I'm able
> to use anveo with an old Linksys IP hard phone, and that uses SIP.
>
> Now, I was able to get, so far as I can tell, thufir at sip2sip.info
> working on a Grandstream 1625 but would like to use openrcs because
> kamailio intrigues me.
>
> Each SIP account needs its own port number?  Starting at 5060 and
> going up.  Why does kamailio listen on 5062?  This means that the
> *outbound* settings need to specify 5062, but inbound might be most
> anything?
No, it is no need for own port for each sip account. Kamailio on
openrcs.com listens on 5062 as well as on the default 5060. The reason
for 5062 is that some corporate/isp companies block port 5060, or there
are some broken SIP ALGs on home routers mangling traffic for port 5060,
messing it.

So you can use default port 5060.

What operating system are you using for Jitsi? Can you sniff network
traffic on port 5060? If you are on linux, try:

ngrep -d any -qt -W byline port 5060

On windows you can use wireshark.

The output from the sniffer is good to see what happens on the network.

Also, be aware that openrcs.com has a different password for SIP account
than the one used for web interface. You have to go to the SIP account
page and see/generate it there.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla