[SR-Users] Database connection handles vs. processes

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 13 23:16:38 CEST 2017

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in following up on this.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 09:20:23AM +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> There are some rpc commands that open database connection, do the
> operation, and then close it. Normally, it still should reuse an
> existing connection, as the "open connection" should search for existing
> one first.

I do not think I am using any such RPC commands, however. I have a
number of RPC commands that I run for routine monitoring and stats
collection, but they all relate to dialogs, and I use runtime
memory-only backing for that.

> Can you see if all the connections are in open state or some are pending
> close? Is the number of connections stable or fluctuates over the time?

It appears to be a stable number and they are all established.

> From your summary, I noticed that the tcp workers (which handle also
> http) had two db connections, not sure it was only because of what you
> selected to put in the mail or that's the rule.

It does appear to be the rule, from a cursory examination.

So, what I guess I am trying to figure out is whether this is normal,
and what exactly is the driver of the greater-than-expected number of
connections.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)