[SR-Users] Database connection handles vs. processes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:20:23 CEST 2017

On 11.07.17 09:13, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 09:12:51AM +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Hello,

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Same database, same server, same database name.
>>>
>> are you doing xmlrpc/jsonrpc over http?
> In fact, I am. xhttp + jsonrpcs is the only reason for the TCP listener.

There are some rpc commands that open database connection, do the
operation, and then close it. Normally, it still should reuse an
existing connection, as the "open connection" should search for existing
one first.

Can you see if all the connections are in open state or some are pending
close? Is the number of connections stable or fluctuates over the time?

>From your summary, I noticed that the tcp workers (which handle also
http) had two db connections, not sure it was only because of what you
selected to put in the mail or that's the rule.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla