[SR-Users] Using the auth_ephemeral module

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Jan 17 14:58:54 CET 2017

Hi,

I don't know, who's responsible for approving bigger messages - if
present, please approve my message for completeness of this thread...
:-)

You are right - except that it doesn't really decrypt the secret, it
only creates a hash identical to the one create by the Webservice and
compares the hash.

Thanks,
Carsten

<steve-lists-srusers at connection-telecom.com>:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 17 January 2017 at 14:15, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I guess you can use other modules such as http_client to interact with the
>> web service. The jansson module can be used to parse the result.
>>
>> Also, it should be possible to do it without interacting with the web
>> service, because you can compute the password using the shared secret key.
>> So, in this case, Kamailio doesn't need to interact with the web service.
>>

> Thanks for that, and to Carsten who also sent explanation.
>
> It seems like all that documentation about the web service is indeed a
> red-herring since the module is neither a client nor a provider of such a
> service.  There is no obligation to implement such a service as documented -
> since in any event auth_ephemeral neither implements nor consumes this web
> service.
>
> All auth_ephemeral does it to authenticate clients using a secret (password)
> that is encrypted using a shared key.  auth_ephemeral I guess decrypts the
> secret which is structured so that auth_ephemeral can tell that it is legit
> and unexpired.
>
> Do I have this right?
>
> Gotta say that the docs really don't make this clear.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/