[SR-Users] Using the auth_ephemeral module

Steve Davies steve-lists-srusers at connection-telecom.com
Tue Jan 17 14:38:59 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

On 17 January 2017 at 14:15, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I guess you can use other modules such as http_client to interact with the
> web service. The jansson module can be used to parse the result.
>
> Also, it should be possible to do it without interacting with the web
> service, because you can compute the password using the shared secret key.
> So, in this case, Kamailio doesn't need to interact with the web service.
>

> Thanks for that, and to Carsten who also sent explanation.

It seems like all that documentation about the web service is indeed a
red-herring since the module is neither a client nor a provider of such a
service.  There is no obligation to implement such a service as documented
- since in any event auth_ephemeral neither implements nor consumes this
web service.

All auth_ephemeral does it to authenticate clients using a secret
(password) that is encrypted using a shared key.  auth_ephemeral I guess
decrypts the secret which is structured so that auth_ephemeral can tell
that it is legit and unexpired.

Do I have this right?

Gotta say that the docs really don't make this clear.

Thanks,
Steve