[SR-Users] How to release call without having to use fromTag and toTag, and resume a suspended call

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:47:49 CET 2017

Hello,

terminating a call can be done only via dialog module, because it is the
one that tracks active calls and keeps all the attributes required to
generate BYE requests.

You can also trigger the termination of call through RPC commands (like
jsonrpc or xmlrpc):

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/dialog.html#dlg.r.terminate_dlg

A (not-right-now) termination of the dialog can be achieved by setting
the dialog timeout (lifetime) to just few more seconds. Functions are
available from the same dialog module.

The rpc functions can be also executed inside kamailio.cfg via jsonrpcs
module.

Regarding the id and label for transaction, you have to provide parts of
the config where you want to access it in order to say if they are
available at that moment -- just trying to blind guess it's not easy.

On 23/02/2017 09:38, Cassandra Yurekli wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>

> There are several points I don’t quite understand regarding a couple
> of kamailio modules.
>

> I have a main application which controls calls by sending command
> messages via a socket (for example reject this sip invites). I
> communicate with the socket client via evapi module and using
> evapi_asynch_relay() in order to be sure that communication are
> suspended and kamailio waiting an order for doing something with them
> (Accepte, reject, release, ...).
>

> I want to release a call, using a command “release this call”. I’m
> actually doing this with dialog module (using
> get_dialog(callid,fromTag,toTag) and dlg_bye(‘all’)) but is there
> anything else (like another module) which could release a call without
> necessarily having to use fromTag and toTag to get the context ? I
> didn’t find it on modules documentations.
>

> Alsoafter an INVITE I’m waiting for the main app to accept or reject
> the call. For accepting and continuing the transaction I found
> “t_continue(tindex,tlabel,route)” on tmx module, but at this moment
> $T(id_index) and $T(id_label) are null, is it normal or I did
> something wrong ? How can I simply resume the suspended call ?
>

> Thanks;
>

> Best regards,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 6-8 (Europe) and Mar 20-22 (USA) - www.asipto.com