[SR-Users] Forwarding Registration to Asterisk

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Dec 7 18:17:07 CET 2017

On 12/7/17 12:10 PM, Wilkins, Steve wrote:
> It appears the bottom line is that when using Kamailio, Asterisk does
> not register the endpoints.

As an FYI, Asterisk does not need endpoints to be registered. Devil's in
the details here so it really depends on what exactly you're doing and
how you're doing it.

> [SNIP]
> Note: in tcpdump I do see the “REGISTER” being sent to Asterisk and
> Asterisk sends back the unauthorized (as expected) but Kamailio does not
> send a second “REGISTER”.
> [SNIP]

A really think a packet capture covering endpoint, kamailio, and
asterisk will help shine some light...

This being said, if you're having Asterisk handle the registration, how
are you forwarding this in Kamailio?

--fred