[SR-Users] Dispatcher latency stats monitoring with statsd

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:56:46 CET 2017

Hello,

thanks for sharing! I made a news out of it so others can find it easier
in the future:

  *
https://www.kamailio.org/w/2017/12/dispatcher-latency-stats-monitoring-with-statsd/

Maybe we should create a git repository to collect such utility tools,
that should make the tools more visible and different people can
contribute over the time.

On 01.12.17 01:01, Julien Chavanton wrote:
> Not sure if anyone is using "latency measurement" feature in Kamailio
> dispatcher module, I thought I could share a very simple Python script
> that I am using to monitor remote gateway using this.
>
> Sample Script is attached, it will post data to statsd and is working
> in cron
>
> The feature  can be enabled :
>
> 3.27. ds_ping_latency_stats (int)
>
> Enable latency measurement when pinging nodes
>
> If set to 0, disable latency measurement.
>
> If set to 1, enable latency measurement
>
> https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.p.ds_ping_latency_stats
>

> This is one use case of this feature, another one will be to load
> balance based on congestion detected on latency, I am planning to
> share a lab experiment in a little while.
>
> Regards

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com