[SR-Users] Dispatcher latency stats monitoring with statsd

Julien Chavanton jchavanton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 01:01:57 CET 2017

Not sure if anyone is using "latency measurement" feature in Kamailio
dispatcher module, I thought I could share a very simple Python script that
I am using to monitor remote gateway using this.

Sample Script is attached, it will post data to statsd and is working in
cron

The feature  can be enabled :

3.27. ds_ping_latency_stats (int)

Enable latency measurement when pinging nodes

If set to 0, disable latency measurement.

If set to 1, enable latency measurement

https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.p.ds_ping_latency_stats

This is one use case of this feature, another one will be to load balance
based on congestion detected on latency, I am planning to share a lab
experiment in a little while.

Regards