[SR-Users] Query with regard to http_client and http_async_client

Giacomo Vacca giacomo.vacca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:09:40 CEST 2017

Hi,
reusing the same connection to the same url is delegated to liburl, so you
can have that when using http_async_client.
More workers will increase the capacity at the price of resources (shared
memory).
I wrote a wrap up about building the request payload here:
https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-December/095454.html -
please double check escaping.
The function methods have been reviewed in version 5 and removed, replaced
by pseudovariable settings which is more common practice in kamailio.
Instead of http_append_header() use
$http_req(hdr) = "X-theheader: the value";

Instead of http_set_method() use
$http_req(method) = "POST";

The latest documentation requires a little review for some mentions of the
old functions. Will try to fix as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Giacomo