[SR-Users] http_async_client - queries

Giacomo Vacca giacomo.vacca at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 11:06:51 CET 2016

Hi all,
as a wrap up to this thread, since there were some private exchanges, this
summarises what can be correctly used (tested with version 4.4):

$var(target_url) = "http://test.com";
$http_req(method) = "PUT";
http_append_header("Content-Type: application/json");
$var(payload) = '{ "key1" : "value1", "key2" : "' + $fU + '" }';
http_async_query("$var(target_url)", "$var(payload)", "HTTP_REPLY");

which would result in something like:

PUT / HTTP/1.1.
Host: test.com.
Accept: */*.
.
{ "key1" : "value1", "key2" : "sipp" }

$var(payload) can be constructed by concatenating the needed strings,
including pseudovariables, and timestamps can be computed with $TV() and
again concatenated in the payload as needed. The payload string has to be
escaped as expected by the web service.

Cheers,
Giacomo