[SR-Users] Use of variables for force_send_socket

Jöran Vinzens vinzens at sipgate.de
Tue Apr 4 17:14:32 CEST 2017

Hi all,

i try to re-arrange my config and i try to use a variable declared in
modparam pv such like:
modparam("pv", "varset", "externalip=s:1.2.3.4")

and use it as:
force_send_socket($var(externalip));

unfortunately the kamailio does not start with this configuration and
telling me bad config file like:
line 109, column 36: bad argument, [proto:]host[:port] expected

it seems the force_send_socket is not able to get variable. Is there any
other way to have static content defined and put across the config?

Reason for the question is the possibility to use ansible as deployment
tool. I set all the variables i need in a separate file and include it.
This file contains the entire modconfig and global vars section to adapt
this part to every single machine individually. This does not work if i
need to put "constant" variables on different places in my config.

If anybody has ever made this, could you please help me, or give any
suggestions?

Many thanks!
BR
Jöran

Jöran Vinzens - vinzens at sipgate.de

sipgate GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
Steuernummer: 106/5724/7147, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.co.uk