[SR-Users] Selective rport behaviour

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 22 18:11:15 CEST 2016

On 09/22/2016 10:55 AM, Daniel Tryba wrote:

> force_rport seems to override any rport available in via, so reply_to_via
> has no additional effects.

Thanks, that was helpful. But so, if force_rport() is not used, do I
need reply_to_via=1 in order to have replies go back to the declared
port in the Via rather than the received source port (as would be
mandated by the presence of client-injected rport)?

As for trusting client headers, I strongly agree. Unfortunately,
sometimes business requirements collide with our philosophies.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)