[SR-Users] Kamailio - DMQ dns srv Question

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Sep 22 14:51:40 CEST 2016

Hi José,

In your config, you need to tell DMQ about a minimum of one other node.
This can be in the form of an IP or FQDN - however, where the FQDN resolves
to a single IP, it does not make sense to perform anything other than an A
lookup, so you should set the parameter to 0 in this case.

The number of nodes in your cluster is irrelevant - once started, DMQ will
contact the one you have told it about and learn about the others
automatically.

Optionally, you can tell DMQ about multiple nodes upfront (to account for
instances where the first one may be down or unreachable), by giving it an
FQDN which resolves to multiple IP addresses - in which case you'll need to
set the multi_notify parameter to 1.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Charles