[SR-Users] RTPProxy

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Oct 19 23:17:47 CEST 2016

My personal opinion on this is that it should be very low-priority. It's
one of those problems that takes 99% effort for 1% marginal results, and
even then, rather imperfect ones.

For almost any service provider, having a media relay while calls are on
it is not the worst possible problem—certainly not when set against the
expense and complexity of solving it. If the calls are properly
distributed across an array of media servers, it shouldn't be a total
service-impacting event for anyone, anyway.

On 10/19/2016 10:54 AM, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Arsen, there is no readily-made solution with rtpproxy unfortunately for
> that. Some time around 1.0 times circa 2007-2009, somebody submitted a
> very rough patch to implement master/hot-standby scenario, but the patch
> was not production-ready back then and the contributor was not available
> to refine it further, so it ended up stashed somewhere on the branch in
> git. I'd be happy to say we are working on that, but our resources are
> limited and priority is to get features like SRTP, trans-coding and
> video support. As always, pull requests/patches are welcome. With 2.x
> code is much more modular, so it should be easier to get something like
> that working.
>
> -Max
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Arsen <arsen.semionov at gmail.com
> <mailto:arsen.semionov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     In addition to this interesting and useful thread, what is the best
>     way to implement media session recovery, for example in
>     Active/Passive HA scenario?
>     I know that it is possible with rtpengine (redis db), is it possible
>     with rtpproxy?

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)