[SR-Users] Reload PIPILIMIT table from DB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 15:28:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 12/10/16 12:46, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>

> I’m trying to get new pipes from the DB and their associated limits.
>
> We’re using the SIP digest username as the pipe to limit the CPS.
>

> I think I do have a workaround for this which is as following:
>
> -          Use a htable to load the ‘pipes’ (usernames) and their
> config (limit + algorithm) from the db
>
> -          Use the plcheck function to pass in the username, algorithm
> and limit.
>

> This would allow us to reload the htable from db when new users are
> created and the plcheck will make sure a new pipe is created when it
> does not exist by passing the three params.
>

> Do you see any issues with this workaround?

It sounds good.

If you have the pipelimit for caller and you do db authentication for
it, an alternative is to load the limit and algorithm via
load_credentials from auth_db. In this way there is no caching, but the
values are loaded with same query as the password.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com