[SR-Users] Send SIP Info within a dialog using $uac_req(method)="INFO"

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:41:32 CEST 2016

Hello,

uac_req_send() is able to send only initial requests (with follow up on
auth challenge). It doesn't expose the ability to send requests within a
dialog -- the functions exist in c (tm module), but not availble in config.

On the other hand, there should be a mi/rpc command exported by tm
module that allows that -- it may be possible to do it from config file
via jsonrpc-s module.

On 29/09/16 21:41, Jonathan Hunter wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Is it still the case that when using uac_req_send, you cant send withing a specific dialog?
> I can modify call-id, but I presume tags may be more of a problem?
> See old post below from 2015;
> >/I am familiar with uac_req_send. but how do I send it with in a />/specific dialog and with data in the INFO req ? /sending a new request inside a dialog is not possible with
> uac_req_send(). It is not easy over all because you change the sequence
> order (CSeq value). Practically, you need to track how many requests you
> sent from the middle to update (and restore in reply) when caller or
> callee sends a new request.
>
> dialog module can track changes in CSeq for requests sent to callee,
> being used now for authentication of INVITE to another provider, when
> Kamailio adds the credentials. But for more you would need to extend the
> dialog module.
>
> I just need to send a SIP info within an established dialog to stop some function up stream, so wondered if this is still a blocker?
> Many thanks
> Jon

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com