[SR-Users] SDP Codec not removed with RTPengine - but with rtpproxy it worked

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed Nov 16 10:32:30 CET 2016

Hi Oli,

i am happy not beeing the only one with trouble with Colt... ;-)
The question is, when do you call rtpengine_manage? After this block
or before? A major difference between RTPEngine and RTPProxy is, that
RTPProxy only replaces IP/Port, while RTPEngine takes the complete SDP
and returns a new SDP. Probably, you want to sdp_remove_codecs(), call
msg_apply_changes() and then send it to RTPEngine. Or send it to
RTPEngine, msg_apply_changes() and then sdp_remove_codecs().

What you are trying to do works: We are using exact the same mechanism
to remove AMR Octet aligned variants from the SDP (you find it in the
examples folder for the Proxy-CSCF). We remove the codec and then send
it to RTPEngine, but also the other direction should work.

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hi there
>

> I have the following problem – I need to remove a codec in the initial
> INVITE.
>
> This happens since I changed from rtpproxy to rtpengine. I changed all
> rtpproxy_manage() to rtpengine_manage().
>

> Originating INVITE with the “clearmode”
>

> m=audio 9196 RTP/AVP 8 0 125 101
>
> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:125 CLEARMODE/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>

> I do the following in the config
>
> route[SDP] {
>
>                 xlog(, "L_INFO", "SDP: request method $rm");
>

>                 # remove CLEARMODE if Colt
>
>                                if($avp(s:todirection) =~"^MyCarrier+") {
>

>                                if (is_method("INVITE")) {
>
>                                                xlog(, "L_INFO", "SDP remove:
> request method $rm");
>
>                                                msg_apply_changes();
>

> sdp_remove_codecs_by_name("CLEARMODE");
>

> #sdp_remove_codecs_by_id("125");
>

>                                }
>
>                 }
>
> }
>
> This block gets hit as I can see with the xlog entry.
>

> In the sent INVITE the “Clearmode” is still in the sdp header
>

> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:125 CLEARMODE/8000
>
> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>

> So with rtpproxy – it worked
>
> With rtpengine not any more …
>

> Any idea?
>

> KR,
>
> Oli

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/