[SR-Users] SDP Codec not removed with RTPengine - but with rtpproxy it worked

Oliver Roth oliver.roth at nexphone.ch
Wed Nov 16 10:03:10 CET 2016

Hi there

I have the following problem - I need to remove a codec in the initial INVITE.
This happens since I changed from rtpproxy to rtpengine. I changed all rtpproxy_manage() to rtpengine_manage().

Originating INVITE with the "clearmode"

m=audio 9196 RTP/AVP 8 0 125 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:125 CLEARMODE/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

I do the following in the config
route[SDP] {
                xlog(, "L_INFO", "SDP: request method $rm");

                # remove CLEARMODE if Colt
                               if($avp(s:todirection) =~"^MyCarrier+") {

                               if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                                               xlog(, "L_INFO", "SDP remove: request method $rm");
                                               msg_apply_changes();
                                               sdp_remove_codecs_by_name("CLEARMODE");
                                               #sdp_remove_codecs_by_id("125");

                               }
                }
}
This block gets hit as I can see with the xlog entry.

In the sent INVITE the "Clearmode" is still in the sdp header

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:125 CLEARMODE/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000