[SR-Users] Cannot send request to OpenSIPS

Laura red_dra at plugit.net
Wed Nov 2 14:06:12 CET 2016

Yes Giovanni..

Of course it was referred to Internal Dispatcher of mediaproxy and not
to the kamailio module.

On Kamailio i have configured the socket here

modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket",
"/var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock")
modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_timeout", 500)

and over the mediaproxy config.ini here..

[Dispatcher]
; Local socket on which to communicate with OpenSIPS. The OpenSIPS
mediaproxy
; module should be configured to connect to this socket. If a relative path,
; /var/run/mediaproxy will be prepended. Default value is dispatcher.sock.
;
socket_path = dispatcher.sock

In the filesystem the socket is correct..

vm-test:/etc/kamailio# ls -l /var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Jul 24 09:28 /var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock

So all seem to be correct.. but on syslog i still see lot of these errors.

Nov  2 13:04:36 vm-test media-dispatcher[25540]: error: cannot write
request to `/var/run/opensips/socket': No such file or directory
Nov  2 13:04:36 vm-test media-dispatcher[25540]: error: failed to end
dialog: Cannot send request to OpenSIPS

I think that the problem is referred to this section of mediaproxy
config.ini

[OpenSIPS]
; Configure interaction between the media dispatcher and OpenSIPS

; Path to OpenSIPS's UNIX filesystem socket from the mi_datagram module.
; socket_path = /var/run/opensips/socket

; Maximum number of connections to open with OpenSIPS's mi_datagram socket.
; Please note that connections will be opened on a need basis depending on
; load, but never more than the number configured below.
;
;max_connections = 50

It is referred to mi_datagram module that i have not enable on the config.

Is it possible.. how can i fix it ?

Thanks
Laura