[SR-Users] Kamailio for sip routing architecture

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 24 13:02:53 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 24/05/16 10:09, Loic Chabert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't use load balancing feature because location of sip user is
> defined.
but then how the DNS is returning the appropriate server? Or each user
has a different domain?

> One DID is routed to one server. One to one relationship.
The probably you can use mtree to associate dids with ip addresses (or
dispatcher set ids).

> So if loadblancer send phone call on one server, but user is not
> registred on this one, call is hangup/lost.
>
> I will use LCR for outgoing call. LCR will "help" CBx to find best
> carrier following rules defined by administrators. LCR can probe
> gateways ? I have set ping_interval etc but ping is not sent by kamailio.

I don't know if lcr can ping gateways. I know dispatcher does it.

> [...]
>
>     dns naptr is ok for locating servers as long as you control the
>     local infrastructure and make sure dns changes propagation is done
>     right.
>
>     An alternative would be using dispatcher module as a load
>     balancer. It has a lot of features for this use case, different
>     distribution algorithms as well as probing the servers (CBx) to
>     see which one is available.
>
>     If the perfomrance is the concern, keeping most of the processing
>     inside the kamailio is a good choice.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>

>     On 23/05/16 10:27, Loic Chabert wrote:
>>     Hello Kamailio users,
>>
>>     I'm working on a sip infrastructure, with opensource
>>     technologies, and of course Kamailio will run on my new
>>     infrastructure :)
>>
>>     Kamailio will be my central routing engine, between SBC (running
>>     on asterisk), and somes boxes (asterisk too) where customers will
>>     be registred. Please find below my future infrastructure:
>>

>>     ----------
>>     --------------
>>     --------                      ----------------
>>     | SBC1 | - - - - - | - - - -| kamailio1 |- - - - - | - - - - - |
>>     CB1  |-----------------| SIPPHONE |
>>     ----------             |         --------------
>>     |             --------                      ----------------
>>     ----------             |
>>     |             --------
>>     | SBC2 | - - - - - |                                     | - - -
>>     - - | CB2  |
>>     ----------             |
>>     |             --------
>>                              |         --------------           |
>>     ----------             | - - - -| kamailio2 |- - - -
>>     -|            --------
>>     | SBCn |- - - - -  |          --------------          | - - - - -
>>     | CBn  |
>>     ----------             |
>>     |            --------
>>
>>     Kamailio high availabality will be done with loopback address and
>>     BGP in two datacenters. SIP carriers will be connected to SBC and
>>     customer to one CB.
>>
>>     I have made some tests with kamailio, and i use LCR to route call
>>     from CB to SBC, using wheigt and prorities to send call to carriers.
>>     Then, when a call arrived from carriers, i use DNS NATPER lookup
>>     to find the right CB box.
>>
>>     CB HA is done using DNS SRV. So user is registred at one
>>     location, and only one. No location sharing beetwen boxes.
>>
>>     I have some question concerning my architecture, and technologies
>>     used to routing call.
>>     Is LCR is the best option for routing call between multiple
>>     carriers ? DNS NAPTER is a modern solution to find an endpoint on
>>     this architecture ? Existing a better way to route call with
>>     kamailio, for exemple rt-json and curl ?
>>
>>     In my point of view, kamailio should be a routing engine, using
>>     internal technologies, to maximise performances. Less work with
>>     kamailio and external app, best performances in sip routing. Is

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org