[SR-Users] Sequential calls messes up presence with pua-dialog info

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at synety.com
Fri May 20 09:17:43 CEST 2016

Which version of Kamailio?

We had a tonne of issues with this module – many of which I submitted fixes for.

There were 2 issues that could not be resolved after a fair bit of trying:

·         The presentity table was not cleared of the old state when a new state occurred (e.g. both trying and completed would be in the table for a single dialog). The fix for this was to set pua db_mode to 0

·         The presentity table was sometimes cleared up too quickly when the dialog was still ongoing. The fix for this was to set the expiry time to a big number. In our case, the billing system won’t let calls go on for more than 4 hours so that value was chosen.

Here’s all the relevant settings:

# ----- presence params -----
modparam("presence", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("presence", "db_update_period", 20)
modparam("presence", "clean_period", 60)
modparam("presence", "local_log_facility", "LOG_LOCAL3")
modparam("presence", "max_expires", 14430) # Max call time (4 hours) plus a little

# ----- presence_xml params -----
modparam("presence_xml", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)

# ----- pua params -----
modparam("pua", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("pua", "db_mode", 0) # Memory only. Required due to the "multiple states for a single dialog" bug
modparam("pua", "update_period", 20)
modparam("pua", "outbound_proxy", MY_SIP_URL)

# ----- pua_dialoginfo params -----
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "send_publish_flag", FLT_DLGINFO)
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "override_lifetime", 14420) # Max call time (4 hours) plus a little
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "callee_trying", 1)

Phil Lavin
Telecoms Systems Manager
CloudCall by SYNETY
www.cloudcall.com<http://www.cloudcall.com/>