[SR-Users] route_if_exists crash / breakage

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:28:17 CEST 2016

I expect that sometimes the "end point" functions (not executed by other
C functions, being only available to the config) are tested only for
some specific needs by the developer. Don't recall the code by heart
right now, but I guess these functions should have worked fine to some
extent if the route existed.

For 5.0 it is planned a better unit testing framework and eventually new
config function addition will come with few tests around it.

Thanks for reporting the results after the patch, it will be backported.

On 12/05/16 21:36, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I can confirm that this does seem to fix the issues. Thank you very
> much for the rapid response and hard work as always!
>
> Question: looking at the commit, it would appear as if much of the
> function had to be rewritten entirely. The initial commit of this
> functionality was made in early 2013:
>
> https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/c2c4c393a3c68ed3fb6fd53a71febdd93398f77c
>

> Since it clearly did not work _at all_, and was _totally_ broken, I
> have to ask: would it be reasonable to conclude that the committer
> never tested it at all?
>
> -- Alex
>
> On 05/12/2016 10:57 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> can you try with the commit 6a3fc200b19500ddd6ed9a2236db6e21f777564a
>> pushed to master? There were some improper conditions done when checking
>> if the routing block exists. Few other issues related to returned code
>> were fixed.
>>
>> If all is ok, then it can be backported.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
>> On 12/05/16 10:56, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>> Just for fun, I tried upgrading to the latest 4.4 HEAD (90be8b) and
>>> the crash behaviour did not change.
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>> http://www.asipto.com
>> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda  -http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
>> Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016
>> -http://www.kamailioworld.com

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016 - http://www.kamailioworld.com