[SR-Users] 4.4 compiler warnings on debian jessie

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed May 11 15:02:46 CEST 2016

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> we try to address the warnings as soon as possible, but sometime is a
> matter of resources. The author of the tlsf code is Camille, which may
> have some vacation, be traveling or really busy with other things -- it
> is less than one day since you reported. Also, others may not have
> immediately access to the OS distro you reported issues for. E.g., I
> didn't have the time anyhow, but I don't get those warning using clang
> on my devel system.

i'm not any c expert, but perhaps the first warning

mem/tlsf_malloc.c: In function 'tlsf_malloc_init_pkg_manager':
mem/tlsf_malloc.c:1353:16: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
  ma.xmalloc    = tlsf_malloc;

is issued or not depending on your DBG_TLSF_MALLOC value:

#ifdef DBG_TLSF_MALLOC
void* tlsf_malloc(tlsf_t tlsf, size_t size,
		const char *file, const char *function, unsigned int line, const char *mname)
#else
void* tlsf_malloc(tlsf_t tlsf, size_t size)
#endif

looks like the types match if DBG_TLSF_MALLOC is defined and don't match
otherwise.

-- juha